2020年6月23日火曜日

LENNON / DYLAN WORKING TRANSCRIPT


LENNON / DYLAN WORKING TRANSCRIPT

This is a working transcription for the conversation between Bob Dylan and John Lennon in the following video: https://youtu.be/9g2X_MtVRqk.
If you see any changes that need to be made, missing phrases that you can identify, or words that I erred in transcribing, please comment appropriately. I would greatly appreciate any contributions.
  1. Dylan: Did you slate it? Huh?
  1. Lennon: Two, Three
  1. Dylan: Nah, you gotta slate it, you gotta slate it.
  1. Pennebaker: No, no, no. That's another time.
  1. Neuwirth: We could get Dylan a megaphone.
  1. Dylan: Well I saw the slate many times before!
  1. Pennebaker: (inaudible)
  1. Dylan: There's the mighty Thames. That's what held Hitler back, the mighty Thames. Yes. Winston Churchill said that. Tom, ain't that right?
  1. Tom: Yep.
  1. Dylan: Ain't that right, Tom? 
  1. Tom: Definitely. Definitely is right.
  1. Dylan: Tom, I think I'm gonna turn you into Tyrone Power. In a matter of time.
  1. Lennon: Say that again, will you Bob?
  1. Dylan: Tom, I think I'm gonna turn you into Ronald Colman...
  1. Lennon: Much better. Much better.
  1. Dylan: ...Reginald Young and Peetie Wheatstraw. Plus Sleepy John Estes, man. Or Robert Johnson. Or go to medical school like J. Carrol Naish.
  1. Lennon: Johnny Cash, all the rest of them.
  1. Dylan: I have Johnny Cash in my film. You'll shit, man. You're gonna shit when you see. You won't believe it.
  1. Lennon: Hear that, kids? John's gonna shit again.
  1. Dylan: (Laughs)
  1. Pennebaker: (Inaudible)... Try to remember it, will you?
  1. Dylan: He doesn't know. 
  1. Neuwirth: Yeah, he does!
  1. Dylan: He doesn't know. You know what he looks like, right, Johnny Cash? Have you spent much time around him? He moves very, he moves very like that, man. Hey, you gotta cut that part of the film, man, 'cause I really like him. He's a nice cat. I mean, like, he moves like that, like all good people move like that, like prizefighters. Johnny!
  1. Lennon: Johnny! Big River, Big River!
  1. Pennebaker: That's for Johnny, too!
  1. Dylan: Yeah, he's on the film. He's quite a...
  1. Lennon: He’s quite a guy, huh?
  1. Dylan: Quite a guy, John. 
  1. Pennebaker: A winner!
  1. Dylan: Oh man, you shoulda been around last night, John. You shoulda been around last night. Tonight is a drag.
  1. Lennon: Oh really, Bob?
  1. Dylan: Yeah, tonight is a drag.
  1. Dylan: Haha! I wish I could talk in English, man.
  1. Lennon: Me too, Bobby.
  1. Dylan: Haha.
  1. Dylan: He can talk American. Hey, Tom, you've heard me talk in English haven't you? But I can't never do it around John though because John's such a great actor, man, like I can't, I can't act around him.
  1. Lennon: ...you can't believe that it's me.
  1. Pennebaker: Turned on the biggest pair of hams in London this morning...
  1. Dylan: Is this the mighty Thames, still, Tom? 
  1. Pennebaker: ...You should've seen John looking into the lens and enjoy saying, "What's inside there? Who's inside there?" It was about five in the morning.
  1. Dylan: Oh, yeah. Yeah. Well, see, I'm gonna show him the whole flick when we get it.
  1. Pennebaker: Only we are gonna see this whole flick. I'm sure you're out of your mind by just that verse.
  1. Lennon: Yeah, let's talk about it.
  1. Dylan: Well, The part we decide to use. I'm gonna send it to him 'cause he's the only cat who'll clear it up…
  1. Neuwirth: Hey!
  1. Dylan: ...What? Oh, I'm sorry. Okay, okay. Hey, but I'll just say it in a minute.
  1. Dylan: You asshole. You hit her. That's the thing I was pissed off about. I wasn’t pissed off at—about the flick. Do you remember what you said to me when I played you those tapes?
  1. Lennon: No. What?
  1. Dylan: I'll say it later. I was just gonna say it. 
  1. Lennon: Well say it now!
  1. Dylan: Oh, remember you said to me... I played you a song and you said, something about, "That's gotta be in..." I didn't realize it at the time. Robbie told me. You said that it's gotta be in your song publishing company! What's the name of it? What's your, you know, your song publishing company?
  1. Lennon: Oh, the song publishing company! 
  1. Dylan: Yeah, what is the name of it?
  1. Lennon: Dick James.
  1. Dylan: No, no... Is that the name of it?
  1. Lennon: Mhmm.
  1. Dylan: Dick James... That wasn't the name I heard.
  1. Lennon: Northern Songs?
  1. Dylan: Right, that was it. "That oughta be in Northern Songs." I said, "What's Northern Songs?" And then I was never told and I had to go out and find out.
  1. Lennon: Didn't we tell ya?
  1. Dylan: No, man. You didn't tell me. You said, "This oughta be in Northern Songs." You laughed and Paul McCartney looked the other way talking to Ringo...
  1. Lennon: ...and Mick Jagger looked up and balloon dropped out of his face.
  1. Dylan: Mick Jagger looked up and then shit through his nose.
  1. Lennon: ...and Rob Roy leaped into the room with a big kilt on and said, "Hey, Bobby, have you heard this one?"
  1. Dylan: Haha! You oughta live in Texas, man. You oughta live in Texas.

  1. Pennebaker: Give that some thought.
  1. I read in the papers that George Harrison spent a lot of time in the States. You've learned a lot from George.
  1. Lennon: Tell me about The Mamas & Papas, Bob. I believe you're backing them very bigly and they're great.
  1. Dylan: I knew it would get to that. I knew it would get to that.
  1. Lennon: I believe you're backing them.
  1. Dylan: Naw, you're just interested in the big chick, right? You're interested in the big chick. She's got a hold of you too. She's got a hold of you too. She's got a hold of everybody I know. Everybody asks me the same
thing and I know what they mean. They’re terrible, man. They’re no good.
  1. Lennon: Do you know Ralph Donner? He's another great one.
  1. Dylan: Who? No, I only know the lesser-knowns. No, sir.
  1. Lennon: Mm. Barry McGuire's a great war hero.
  1. Dylan: Barry McGuire? He's a great friend of yours, John, I understand.
  1. Lennon: He met me through you, Bob, remember that? He's a great buddy, Sergeant Barry.
  1. Dylan: Haha! Yes, yes, yes. I remember. Oh, god. I was sure you're thinking of somebody else... 
  1. Lennon: Bob forgot his lines again. Take that again. Sorry about that, Bob, he keeps bluffing. He looked so natural but really shaking, I believe. Right, start again then!
  1. Dylan: Hey, well I don't care.
  1. Lennon: (Singing) Blast them all, Blast them all.
  1. Dylan: Tell me about The Silkies.
  1. Lennon: No, I'm not telling you about that.
  1. Dylan: Tell me about-- Oh, I have a pain in my side. Tell me about this pain in my side and also The Silkies while you're at it.
  1. Lennon: We've missed all the good 'uns. Why don't you take some yourself?
  1. Dylan: I've taken a few milligrams of Silkie once and it didn't work out very good, man. 
  1. Lennon: You've got the tie in? You've got the tie? I can't help it. It's pointing right at me. Get off me, get off me.
  1. Lennon: Oh, really, is it twenty minutes?
  1. Dylan: No, you're running a ten minute one, aren't you?
  1. Pennebaker: Exactly.
  1. Dylan: Are you getting presidents out of that?
  1. Neuwirth: Many presidents have come from the second apartment.
  1. Dylan: Okay. Well...
  1. Lennon: Barry McGuire... You come in with that.
  1. Dylan: Barry McGuire, alright. Barry McGuire tells me he's a good friend of yours.
  1. Lennon: Well, I hate to say this about Barry, Bob er, Bobby, but I don't know him at all personally at all, but I did have a letter from his manager saying he was very, very close to you, being on the sort of bosom of the current folk-a-rock-a boom.
  1. Dylan: Hahaha. Yes, yes. I know that
  1. Lennon: So, that's the first thing I did hear about Barry himself.
  1. Dylan: But you've never really exchanged correspondence... Oh, get those two lovers over there... You never did, as somebody would ask you, right? As one of your friends would ask you, you never did meet the chap. Haha!
  1. Dylan: I can't look. He's worse than I... Oh, he's terrible. He's much worse than I am.
  1. Lennon: No, never, never, never.
  1. Dylan: Nah, he is wicked.
  1. Lennon: Robert would never use the word “rubbish.” Any of that rubbish.
  1. Dylan: That gives you away, man.
  1. Lennon: I wonder if (Inaudible) that along with that and then we’ll get the...(hums) Real life, real life!
  1. Dylan: That was ten? You ran right out, huh? I wanna go back home. 
  1. Pennebaker: And see a baseball game.
  1. Dylan: Oh, yeah, I wanna go back home, man. Where I come from we have baseball games. We got baseball games, we got all-night TV. I come from the land of paradise, man.
  1. Lennon: Sounds great.
  1. Dylan: Well, I'm not the one who could really give it the rightful sound, man. Some people could make it sound so great that you wouldn't even have the capacity to speak.
  1. Dylan: Well… I’m getting… I, uh… I don’t understand. Hey, I'm getting very sick, man. I'm glad it’s over, you know? 'cause I'm getting very sick here.
  1. Lennon: (Inaudible) With the tremors?
  1. Dylan: Are you getting sick here? 
  1. Pennebaker: I've been sick for about a week now off and on.
  1. Dylan: What, with the flu?
  1. Pennebaker: Melancholia, I think.
  1. Neuwirth: Melan which?
  1. Pennebaker: Melancholia.
  1. Neuwirth: Melinda.
  1. Pennebaker: That’s a kind of melon...
  1. Lennon: (Laughs).
  1. Pennebaker: You seem amused!
  1. Lennon: Just to keep me alive. Don't mean to get too dead, you know, the London scene.
  1. Pennebaker: Alright, are you ready for this?
  1. Lennon: Alright, alright, alright.
  1. Pennebaker: This is what they saw!
  1. Dylan: Who saw that?
  1. Pennebaker: The street saw. That's a pretty sight.
  1. Dylan: Well don't bring it in the car whatever you do, now. Is it pouring yet?
  1. Pennebaker: I’ll drop it, man. Whoa!
  1. Dylan: That's a good shot. He's learning how to... 
  1. Lennon: Oh, it's a party. (whistles) She's singing (inaudible) Goddammit man, you missed it.
  1. Dylan: Aww, why don't you bring it back in 'cause it's cold. Aww. How far are we from the hotel, Tom?
  1. Tom: Five minutes.
  1. Dylan: Oh, wow.
  1. Lennon: Permission to land, Tom.
  1. Dylan: Oh God, I don't wanna get sick here. What if I vomit into the camera? I've done just about everything else into that camera, man, except vomit into it.
  1. Neuwirth: That'd be pleasant, man.
  1. Dylan: I never throw up, man.
  1. Pennebaker: It'd make a nice ending, wouldn't it? It could be used as an early morning show...
  1. Dylan: But I never throw up.
  1. Pennebaker: ..."Cooking With Dylan", we'll call it. With the pot song! With the shit pot song!
  1. Dylan: So tell me John, how long have you had a partnership with Macy's?
  1. Lennon: The Macy Brothers themselves, we've had a partnership about, uh, 13, 14 years I guess.
  1. Dylan: And you're just a new cat, a new youngster, from Canada, right?
  1. Lennon: Canada, yeah, rootin' tootin' Quebec, you know. Bless them.
  1. Dylan: I know.
  1. Lennon: You know that one.
  1. Dylan: Aw... (Inaudible).
  1. Neuwirth: What do you think about (inaudible).
  1. Lennon: Well, you know, it's nothing like home.
  1. Neuwirth: How 'bout the weather?
  1. Lennon: So groovy.
  1. Dylan: How far are we out, Tom?
  1. Tom: Two minutes. (Inaudible).
  1. Dylan: Yeah! Hurry!
  1. Tom: Alright.
  1. Lennon: Am I gonna shit in the camera if you can...
  1. Neuwirth: In approximately fifteen seconds from now, BBC2 going on the air, in approximately fifteen seconds from now, an interview with Mr. Dylan... Mr. Dylan, you must remember me from the Americas, I went to school with your chum, Radly Ben Radly Ben Radly Ben Radly.
  1. Neuwirth: (Inaudible).
  1. Dylan: Aw, don't do it to me, man.
  1. Bobby Neuwirth: All the soul brothers from the BBC will be there. The BBC good guys... They'll meet you at the airport. The BBC bad guys are waiting downtown for you when you get there. Clive the W.
  1. Dylan: Hahaha.
  1. Neuwirth: Dr. Seuss! Last time I was in an early morning car with you, man, I seem to remember we were being (inaudible) by a bicycle. It may have been my imagination. But the traffic seemed a little slow.
  1. Pennebaker: (Inaudible).
  1. Neuwirth: (Inaudible).
  1. Lennon: Bicycle, bicycle.
  1. Lennon: Do you suffer from sore eyes, groovy forehead, or curly hair? Take Zoomgone!
  1. Neuwirth: Dr. Mento, what do you see? What do you see Dr. Mento?
  1. Dylan: Aw, don't do... No, man. Just wait for a minute.
  1. Lennon: Come, come, boy, it's only a film. Come, come, pull yourself together. Have a few dollars, eh? That'll get your head up. Come on, come on, money, money!
  1. Dylan: Haha. Where are you, Tom?
  1. Bobby Neuwirth: We're in Sherwood forest, Rob. Friar Tuck.
  1. Dylan: Please go back to the hotel.
  1. Tom: Yeah, we're on the way back now. (Inaudible).
  1. Neuwirth: What's the altitude in here?
  1. Tom: Two thousand feet.
  1. Neuwirth: Hahaha.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿